Saturday 24 August 2013

The Mystery Video

Evening all - I wasn't planning on making another post tonight. I've got to get stuck back into my reading because I am desperately behind. Anyway, something cropped up in the last forty-five minutes or so which I felt warranted a brief post. Friday night is music night on BBC4, and this week it was a series of programmes on world music. Specifically the program I'm referring to was an A-Z of world music. My Dad was watching it, whilst I was busy on the computer - I can't say it's my preferred music style really. Anyway, what happened next took me by surprise. I wasn't expecting to know any artist that would be featured here, except for perhaps a brief piece on Paul Simon/Ladysmith Black Mambazo (the latter were featured actually). Imagine my surprise though when my Dad simply said "Clare!" and I looked up. Lo and behold - there was one Joe Strummer, with Johnny Depp too. I know - apologies for the amount of Joe Strummer posts on here lately but it was his birthday after all. Besides: I had no idea this incident would happen. It was a brief clip in between the main segments of the show. Johnny did most of the talking, and he was refering to the act that was the next letter in the show. Essentially, it was a brief introductory segment if you will. Joe said nothing actually except making a passing comment in response to something Johnny Depp said. It lasted roughly a minute. Sadly the clip took me and Dad by surprise and we totally missed who the act was. It was definitely late 90s/early 00s (My money is on late 90s), and it seems to be taken from some sort of interview. It looked like they were backstage at a festival actually. Sadly they didn't specify the clip's origins, and a video/Youtube search online has proved utterly hopeless. I've never seen this footage before in my life. I'm sorry for this post being so vague, but that's honestly all I have to go on. I'll search more tomorrow and if I find anything, I'll be sure to post it here as I assume this is rare footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment