Friday 23 August 2013

Love Is A Bourgeois Construct tracklisting announced!

Afternoon all - I'm just back from a spot of record hunting. It was a very strange day actually, with somewhat mixed results. It happens sometimes though. I also got some new CDs in the post so later on, you can expect a double whammy of such posts.

Anyway, in a rather important bit of news for Pet Shop Boys fans, the track listing for the Love Is A Bourgeois Construct single packages has been unveiled! It was previously announced that two new B-sides - called Entschuldigung! and Get It Online - would be included. A relief indeed considering Vocal didn't have any original tracks as B-sides. The remixes for the single are done byDave Aude, Little Boots, The Penelopes and Claptones. The only one I've heard of from that quadrant is Little Boots. I really like her though - Nocturnes is one of the best albums of this year in my opinion. So if that remix lives up to expectations it could become a personal favorite. You can read the full list of remixes on the official Pet Shop Boys website. I rather liked the Vocal remixes actually, so I'll be interested to see what I make of these. Altogether, there's seven remixes and two b-sides. They'll be released in two digital bundles, the first containing four tracks, the second containing five on September 2nd. The CD release is coming September 30th. It'll include all nine tracks. The CD single isn't eligible for chart (due to running time limits), but the digital bundles are. That's probably why the CD single is coming a few weeks later. They've also said that a vinyl release will come at a later date, but there's no indication just when that will be. In any case, I can't wait to hear these B-sides after Electric proved to be a terrific album. The only downside for me? The graphic used on the site. I really hope that's not the official cover and it's just a placeholder image. If that's official it's surely the laziest Pet Shop Boys cover I've ever seen. Time will tell though. 

So, that's it for now. The beauty of these walks means my writers block is shifting, you'll most likely hear from me later on. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment