Saturday 15 June 2013

Collection: The Clash

Now that Rock Art & The X-Ray Style and The Clash US have arrived, I can finally take a picture of all my Clash gear. At least, what I have up until now. This is absolutely everything I own of theirs. There's also a few CDs of related bands thrown in for good measure, hence why you'll be able to spot the three Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros albums along with a Big Audio Dynamite greatest hits. I've been a complete Clash nut since about November time of 2012, after beginning investigating them about a year ago. It'd be too long to list every item I have but in short: all their studio albums (including both versions of The Clash), both live albums, the two most essential compilations, The Singles boxset, all official DVDs including The Future Is Unwritten on Bluray and an unofficial DVD. Books wise I have two editions of The Clash (after a mistake in ordering), Redemption Song & Passion Is A Fashion. The black and green book to the left of the two magazines is the Q Book of Punk Legends which is from an old 90s edition of the magazine. The two magazines are the Uncut special and the Joe Strummer 60th birthday NME cover. Beside that are the postcards which are mostly from Strummerville, but the skull one was the first Clash related item I ever got. Believe it or not, this was all easy to find and none of it was dear. Even The Singles boxset was a good price but I don't know how much longer that will continue to be the case. Most of it came from online but I did get a fair chunk of it in town also, which is quite something considering we only have two record shops.

Of course, completist that I am I'm not done by a long shot. There's still 101ers - Elgin Avenue Breakdown on CD (I think I might order that this week), and The Future Is Unwritten soundtrack. There's also Earthquake Weather by Joe Strummer but that's going to be a lot harder to find. Not to mention that I have a poster due in the post as a suprise gift from a relative. There's also a few more books, T-shirts and badges that I want but they can wait, Sound System in September being released and all that. To be honest, 101'ers and The Future Unwritten soundtrack aside I'm not looking to buy any other Clash material for the time being so I can save for Sound System. I'm nowhere near finished though!

No comments:

Post a Comment