Sunday 30 June 2013

Albums of the year (so far)

Well, June is now ending (scary) which means it's officially halfway through the year. This year I have absolutely loved for music so far. I think it's been one of the strongest years for music in a while actually. This year we've had great comebacks and great new talent. I've already found more albums I've loved this year than I did in the whole of 2012. The best part? Not only is there a half a year still to go - I haven't even heard all the albums already released that I want too! But - my albums of the year so far are:
  • Jagwar Ma - Howlin (best)
  • David Bowie - The Next Day
  • Fitz & The Tantrums - More Than Just A Dream
  • Disclosure - Settle
  • Depeche Mode - Delta Machine
  • Capital Cities - In A Tidal Wave Of Mystery
  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Mosquito
  • Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of The City
  • Hurts - Exile
  • Little Boots - Nocturnes
At 10 albums, I've been left suitably impressed with this year. In fact, only three albums this year didn't make the list: Palma Violets, Phoenix and Daft Punk's latest offerings. And that's not counting the albums that have been released that I haven't heard yet: OMD, Johnny Marr and Primal Scream for instance. And there's still plenty of new albums to come this year that I can't wait for: Alunageorge, Pet Shop Boys, MIA, Foster The People, Goldfrapp and Nine Inch Nails. I'm still holding out hopes for Friendly Fires too. Not to mention other various musical releases like New Order's live album and Sound System boxset for The Clash. Cannot wait to see how the year progresses musically!

No comments:

Post a Comment