Thursday 30 May 2013

Supporting Strummerville (Finally!)

The T-shirt I've ordered.
So in literally the last 15 minutes or so I finally did something I've been wanting to for ages: buy a shirt of either The Clash or Joe Strummer! The reason its taken so long is because I wanted to wait until I had most (if not all) their official music and DVD releases. Also I love CDs in general: my friends all say by the time I'm 50 I'll just live in a house made of them. I've got about 350 as is at 19 years of age so God knows how much I'll have then.... I digress though. I've also really wanted to support Strummerville - it's a dream of mine to one day organize an event in support of it. I also ordered some postcards because as of yet I haven't been able to locate a poster in Belfast - and I haven't seen any online that's made me go "wow!". In any case this is all for charity so its a lot better supporting Strummerville am I right? I'd urge you all to support it actually if you like Joe and The Clash because the T-shirts on there are really nice! I can see myself ordering a few if I'm honest. As I've said before I'm turning my family into fans of The Clash and Joe so I can see my house sporting a few Strummerville shirts. I'm not sure when exactly it'll be here but as it's being delivered first class I can't imagine it'll be too long. Next week I'm also ordering the US version of The Clash and the remastered edition of Rock Art & The X-Ray Style which is the only album of Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros that I'm missing. So in two weeks time when it's all here I'll finally take that picture of my ever growing collection of The Clash & Joe Strummer that I've been promising I'd do for weeks. And who knows, if the new skincare programme I start tomorrow (I've got very bad psorasis) works as well as it should you might even see a picture of me actually in my shirt! Plenty of posts coming up in the meantime though so stay tuned and thanks for reading!

To see the Strummerville shop click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment