Thursday 14 March 2013

First impressions - Blur - Starshaped

So last night I watched this for the first time (at long last). It's a one hour film of Blur on tour from 1991-1993. I was looking forward to this seeing as Modern Life Is Rubbish is my favourite Blur album and I also felt that Leisure isn't as awful as they make out either. Its weird I have to say, but interesting. It's very funny in places: especially when Damon goes into the kids ride. The one crticism I had with it though is that the sound wyuality is awful for the live performances. I loved the live footage itself (Coping sounded excellent in particular) but the sound quality could have been better. Never the less it was entertaining and I do want to pick up the DVD for the bonus features (which is more live footage).

No comments:

Post a Comment