Sunday 30 December 2012

Albums of the year.

Amazingly, I haven't actually listened to that many new albums from this year. I've been typically listening to older music and discovering more older bands. This year has seen me become a fan of Nirvana and The Clash and finding that I liked albums by Liza Minneli, The Police, Dusty Springfield and Lou Reed more than I would ever have imagined. I've also began developing keen interests in David Bowie and Echo & The Bunnymen.... 2013's obsessions maybe? Who knows!

Anyhow, here's my admittedly small year end list.

Albums of the year
Pet Shop Boys - Elysium (Favourite)
Hot Chip - In Our Heads (Favourite)
The Killers - Battle Born (Runner up)
Django Django - Django Django
Walk The Moon - Walk The Moon
Reptar - Body Faucet
David Byrne & St Vincent - Love This Giant
Of Monsters and Men - My Head is an Animal
Madonna - MDNA
Jessie Ware - Devotion

Songs of the year
Pet Shop Boys - Ego Music
The Killers -  The Rising Tide
Walk The Moon - Tightrope
Reptar - Isoprane Bath
Madonna - Falling Free
Hot Chip - Night and Day
Pet Shop Boys - The Way Through The Woods
David Byrne & St Vincent - I Am An Ape
Friendly Fires - Why Don't You Answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment