Sunday 15 July 2012

Musical-Uturns

There are times when you have to admit you are wrong about something, and this is one of them for me. Lately (like in the last month or so) I was watching the Sounds of the 70's punk music edition on the BBC, which you can find in its entirety on Youtube HERE. It certainly was a mixed bag, some of the songs on it I utterly loved (Joy Division's She's Lost Control being the obvious one there) but one in particular called Oh Bondage! Up Yours! by X-Ray Spex utterly grated on me, particularly because of the singer, the late Poly Sterene's voice. I have to admit though that for whatever reason I've actually grown to really like the track now, its funny how opinions can change. I've heard that their debut album was really good, so I think I will check it out and explore their discography further!

No comments:

Post a Comment