Wednesday 4 July 2012

Bernard Sumner NME Issue.

In a slightly more unusual purchase, I found this again thanks to a friend in Big Bang. I do read the NME magazine a lot as they feature many of my favourite artists very often like Blur, Stone Roses, Oasis etc. This one is a vintage one from 1993 and features Bernard Sumner of New Order as its cover star. Its fascinating to see how the magazine was different all those years ago, as it was done in a broadsheet newspaper style, very different from the smaller and much more colorful look of it today. It also contains a lot of other artists I'm interested in like 808 State and Happy Mondays. I'm hoping to even discover a smaller artist that I've never heard of from reading this issue too maybe! For £2 I couldn't resist!

No comments:

Post a Comment