Thursday 21 June 2012

Catalogue

This was my first Pet Shop Boys book that I got. I actually got this not long after becoming a fan, I got this in September 2010 as a treat for getting back into school for sixth form. When I got it I was still utterly clueless about their work for the most part (with a discography as expansive as theirs can you blame me really? I'm STILL learning). The book focuses on the art and visual end of their music, giving comprehensive information with regards to their artwork. As you can imagine, its certainly very detailed as they've always payed great attention to how they have presented themselves. The only slight shame (and its such a lovely book I feel bad even saying this really) is that because the book was released in 2006 to commemorate 20 years, its obviously become outdated quite fast given their work rate. Its a beautiful piece of work though and a perfect tribute to a band who really do deserve to call themselves artists in the truest sense of the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment