Friday 3 February 2012

The Killers - Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself

One of my favourite Killers songs, although it is somewhat of an overlooked gem! This is a cover, originally done by Morrissey on his Vaukhall and I album. Any Killers fan will know how much Brandon is a fan of Morrissey (If memory serves me, he's more a fan of Morrissey than he is of The Smiths). It was performed on Zane Lowe's Radio 1 Session and featured as a B-side on the UK CD single. Unlike many cover versions, for me this one sounds pretty like the original, and I think more than anything it highlights how much Brandon Flower's voice echo's a vocal style similar to that of Morrissey's, at least in earlier Killers tracks anyhow. The song itself was featured in a 7" boxset version of Hot Fuss, as one of the 11 B-side tracks on the album. I wish it was released on Sawdust, as its probably my favourite Killers cover version!

No comments:

Post a Comment